Friday, September 21, 2012

Before and After

I've been throwing around ideas of how to get started on my moms site and found a really great course on Udemy (link below)

Design and Development Tricks

Chapter 4 from the lecture is all about development and in particular lecture 11 is focused on an introduction to HTML with some other useful lectures as well.  As I was listening along to some of the lectures, I started thinking back on elements of a good design.  I like to think of  using the right techniques, but making sure they serve a purpose.

This prompted me to go back and find a site I came across the other day that compared before and after real estate sites



before and after real estate sites


In the book Design your Imagination the authors explains that "the primary concern of a business website is to design a website which is attractive and interactive " When I looked at the sites above, the after websites exhibit appealing colors that invite the user to keep reading and possibly explore the site further.  Other elements that are discussed in the book include using strong colors, centered orientation, easy to read text with simple font.  I'm excited to start reading more on web site design in conjunction with emerging technologies.




Sites and Sources

http://www.udemy.com/web-designdevelopment-tips-tricks/

https://www.agentimage.com/before_after.htm

WebGuru India (2010). Design your Imagination. Brainware Consultancy Pvt. LTD [E-book, version 1]



No comments:

Post a Comment